Easy Water Maintenance, when using Bromine or Chlorine.
Filling ( or refilling ) your spa:
- Start Up
- Add one bottle, 16oz. Metal Protect
- Add 4oz. Scale Defense
- Fill bromine floater, add 2oz. sodium bromide OR 2 oz. of chlorine
- Add 2oz Oxidizer Shock
- Test levels of alkalinity and ph. Adjust with ph up or ph down, 2oz per day until balanced. We have found in our area that ph down has been needed in addition to the initial dose.
- Add Spa Hardness up 10 oz.
- Dip your test strip
- Check ph and Alkalinity- adjust using ph up or ph down.
- Add bromine tablets to floater.
- If using chlorine add 2oz once a week and 1oz. mid week (this can change based on bather load)
- Add 2oz. Scale Defense
- Add cap of Spa Perfect or 2oz. Spa Brite
- Add 2oz of Oxidizer Shock
- Add 2oz.Oxidizer Shock or 2oz. Sodium Bromide for cloudy water.
- Hose off filter every 2 weeks
- Deep clean filter every 3 months with Filter Clean
- Clean cover and apply Cover Treat every 3 months.
- Drain and refill spa every 4 months.Nature 2 Start up or Jacuzzi Proclear
- Balance spa water before installing Nature2 Stick.
- pH 7.2-7.6
- Calcium Hardness 200-400 ppm
- Total Alkalinity 80-120 ppm
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) 300-2000 ppm
- Drain and refill your spa. Balance the ph and alkalinity
Install the Nature 2 Cartidge
Install cartridge by filter (just needs to be underwater) after water is balanced.
• Add 1.5 tablespoons of dichlor to spa per 250 gallons
Before each use
Test the water with Nature2 Spa Test Strip (or equivalent). If the MPS2 level is low, add 1 tablespoon of MPS2 (oxidizer) to spa per 250 gallons (approx. 1000 liters). Note : 1 tablespoon is approximately 1/2 ounce or 16 grams (MPS2 is oxidizer shock)Use the Spa Test Strip to test the spa water after each addition of MPS2.
After Each Use Add 1 tablespoon of oxidizer to spa per 250 gallons or 1 oz. chlorine
Once per week
Adjust the pH, total alkalinity, and hardness as needed.
Every 4 months Drain and refill your spa. Replace Nature2